SEBI has put code of conduct in the THIRD SCHEDULE of Securities and Exchange Board of India (Investment Advisers) Regulations, 2013, which has to be abided by and Investment Advisor at all times.
- Honesty and fairness: An Investment Adviser shall act honestly, fairly and in the best interests of its clients and in the integrity of the market.
- Diligence: An Investment Adviser acts with due skill, care and diligence in the best interests of its clients and shall ensure that its advice is offered after thorough analysis and taking into account available alternatives.
- Capabilities: An Investment Adviser shall have and employs effectively appropriate resources and procedures which are needed for the efficient performance of its business activities.
- Information about clients: An Investment Adviser shall seek from its clients, information about their financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives relevant to the services to be provided and maintain confidentiality of such information.
- Information to its clients: An Investment Adviser shall make adequate disclosures of relevant material information while dealing with its clients.
- Fair and reasonable charges: An Investment Adviser shall ensure that fee charged to the clients is fair and reasonable.
- Conflicts of interest: An Investment Adviser shall try to avoid conflicts of interest as far as possible and when they cannot be avoided, it shall ensure that appropriate disclosures are made to the clients and that the clients are fairly treated.
- Compliance: An Investment Adviser including its representative(s) shall comply with all regulatory requirements applicable to the conduct of its business activities so as to promote the best interests of clients and the integrity of the market.
- Responsibility of senior management: The senior management of a body corporate which is registered as investment adviser shall bear primary responsibility for ensuring the maintenance of appropriate standards of conduct and adherence to proper procedures by the body corporate.
Indices Master and its partners/representatives shall abide by the above Code of conduct at all times.